The Massachusetts Department of Public Health provides detailed information about quarantines and monitoring of the coronavirus, prevention and treatment, as well as guidance and recommendations, at www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus.
The state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education outlines the process for school closings related to COVID-19, and provides guidance on 180 school day requirement, on its Emergency Management Planning for Schools' page.
CDC Response, International Alerts, Handwashing
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides extensive resources posted on its website. They include:
- How the CDC is responding to the novel coronavirus outbreak
- Communications resources: fact sheets, video, guidance for public health communicators and resources for travelers
- Frequently asked questions and answers from the CDC: how it spreads, how to protect yourself, symptoms & testing
- Preventing COVID-19 spread at home, K-12 schools and colleges and universities
Prevention Strategies from the U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education recommends taking these steps to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19:
- If you are sick, stay home from school.
- Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.